What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book Cover placeholder for public domain project

Ionko Gueorguiev

I'm working on a site that plays audio books in the public domain.
Some of the titles and collections don't have a book cover that I can use for the thumbnail preview or have covers with publishers names on them. I need to use a generic placeholder for those audio books.

I've attached the image I am currently using, but I would like a royalty free asset that will be part of the public domain.
My initial idea was an old leather tome with the app name( DigiText Audiobooks) embossed in the "leather" font, but I'm not too attached to that so please feel free to be creative if you want.

I need the image to be clear at ~ 190px by 270px.

You can see a development demo of the app and how the image would be used here : http://digitext.net

Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any questions.

Ionko

Attachments

• cover.png
    cover.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 22
May I please ask you what effects/filters you used to get this effect? I would understand if it's a trade secret, but after seeing the image it looks like a combination of transparent fill text with some drop shadow and I think I might emulate a similar effect with CSS. It would be pretty cool to include a dynamic sub title that is the actual collection name.

Again thank you very much!

No problem it just a Bevel and Emboss layer style, here's the settings I used

text effect.jpg

Back