What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush problem: Color Dynamics Freaks out...

MrPheenox

Hi... so i have a small very annoying problem, i'm currently working on a drawing and i use the color dynamics a lot to do the texture, now it has worked well so far... i pick between a light and dark color, and depending on how hard i press my pen down on the tablet i can colors and nuances between the light and dark color, theres probably many who know this technique.

Any way, me and my Photoshop cs2 is not the best friends anymore, since my Photoshop has decided not to co-operate... When i use color dynamics now, the brush keeps change between dark and light, making it impossible to work with, before it changed color as i gradually pressed the pen harder to the tablet.. now it randomly decides weather to do light or dark...

I really really wanna get back to my drawing... but i cant before i can fix my brush..

Are there some setting i by accident have turned on..? or is it perhaps my tablet driver theres something wrong with?

Any others who have tried the same?

ps. i tried with mouse, which doesn't have pressure sensitivity... and its the same result.

iDad

Guru
Perhaps more info would help, tablet info etc etc

Steve

Retired Administrator
My first guess it the tablet and pen are going south on you.
Do you have another program that uses the pen and tablet so you can test it out?

The tablet should have a utility that came with it.
Mine in WinXP is in the Control Panel.
Check the settings there.