What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug in Photoshop CC2015.1

gedstar

Guru
It would appear Adobe have introduced a new bug in the Liquify Filter

Apparently if you open an image and change the mode to 16bit, make an adjustment with the Liquidfy Filter and return to Photoshop you get a white square around that area, this only happens if you use 16bit mode, 8bit mode is fine
I was able to replicate it
Untitled.jpg

Update
Unchecking Use Graphics Processor in preferences and restarting Photoshop is a temporary fix!

Ged

Last edited:

theKeeper

Guru
Hi Ged.

I'm afraid i didn't get that same effect as you did.
Might it be something about your specific graphics card maybe? I have an AMD Radeon HD 6530D w/1gig ram.
I have "Use Processor" turned on.

Tom-Cruise-Eye-Glasses--35186.jpg

Last edited:

theKeeper

Guru
Yeah Ged that was 16bit for sure.
Hmm, that's a tad wierd then. Wonder why that's happening to you and not me.

Hey i know... tell me which tool you used in Liquify. I'm thinkin now it must be a specific tool that's creating this anolmoly. I used the PUSH tool. I'm gonna try the other then now. I'll report back.

MrToM

Guru
From my experiments its a GPU issue.

On a virtual machine everything is fine, the VM has its own GFX drivers so doesn't use the GPU to the same degree....Open CL is not available but GPU dependant things like 'Scrubby Zoom' still work ok.

I tried disabling Open CL on my main machine and it made no difference so it must be something else.

Disabling the GPU via the 'Alt' method in Ged's post did however work.

Regards.
MrToM.

theKeeper

Guru
Yeah, that is odd indeed.

I dbl checked my settings Ged and here is what they look like.

I did another test, image attached, and still nothing went wrong.

It's got me stumped!

PS: just wondering... are your "Cache Levels" set to 2 or higher?

l8r

16bit pref settings.JPG
no 16bit screwups here.JPG

Last edited: