What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I change the blending mode for several selected layers at once?

bzemer

Hi,

I would like to change 20-30 selected layers to Multiplay blending mode at once. How can I do this?

10x

Hi,

I would like to change 20-30 selected layers to Multiplay blending mode at once. How can I do this?

10x

Yes it's possible.. :first you need to merge all the layers to 1 layer and then change the blending mode!

But that would effectively destroy the individual layers and future editingability.

I need the layers to be kept separated...

Hi,

10x

You can provided the selected layers aren't scattered .... Group the selected layers into a set.... select the set's blending mode....

As I said the layers shouldn't be scattered . Grouping them will cause the layers to be out of sequence in the layering. If they are scattered the only way is to group those next to each other or if without a partner, above or below, the mode is set individually.

Hope this helps.

But that would effectively destroy the individual layers and future editingability.

I need the layers to be kept separated...

What is a possible solution too is.. :to change the blending mode of 1 layer.. then copy&paste that layers style to each individual layer.. .

I think that is the best one for you!

I just realised that grouping the layers into a set may have a different effect from what you would normally have if the layers blending mode were set individually. Are you sure this is what you want to do?

I just realised that grouping the layers into a set may have adifferent effect from what you would normally have if the layers blending modewere set individually. Are you sure this is what you want to do?

Yes,
I have a project to create several catalogue pages, each containing manyimages of objects, shot on a white background.
As of now, I need to set each image to Multiply in order to reveal the backgroundbeneath.
So I'm looking for a quick way to change the blending mode for each layer.

I tried creating an action, but that didn't do it.
Maybe I need to create a script? (I don't know how to, though)

Mmm... Unfortunatly some must intersect and overlap.
So isn't there a way to create a sort of macro for that?

That's one field I'm not versed in - mocros and scripts.

I don't know how your images are positioned.... why not go ahead and give it a shot. See how it goes. You might find the outcome acceptable. From there, if there are parts that don't look good, separate them into their own group and play with the layer modes....

When it comes to layer modes, sometimes it's the sequence in the layering that does the trick.

If you want to change the blendmode of selected layers this script will do just that.
Photoshop CS3 or better required.

Attachments

• BlendMode.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 15

Back