What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone teach me how to do this picture?

Ill probably want the crosses to be a bit more of a reddish color, but looks like old red ink on that parchment (creating the cross) The design underneath cross seems like it would be very hard for me to create.

So ill try to keep it as simple as i can.

You will be able to edit your posts after your 9th post......I think.

Ok, what size document do you want to use?

Hmm, it'll be the size of the phone being used. Is there a way for me to get it to fit multiple screen types or is the only way to get it to fit multiple screens through coding?

I believe 1136 x 640 pixels is the Iphone 5 screen size
and
I believe
1080 x 1920 pixels for the Android S4

Alright, in code, i can create the App no problem. However, i can scale the image up and down correct? Or can it just be scaled down in Photoshop?

Lets go with 640 x 1136.

Open Photoshop and go to FILE > NEW > and enter these dimensions. Set your resolution to 125. (or whatever you desire)

It's easier to scale down than up.

Hmm, no preset has that size. I went to custom, what option do i choose out next to the width and height?

Nvm! Got it. Okay, what next, Mr. Sam? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Okay, the image is dragged into the working document. Ready to go.

I dragged it to stretch across the whole white background and hid the edges. That's all i touched.

It should look like this........

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 8.46.04 PM.png

Place your cursor just outside one of the corners until you see a curved arrow, click and drag (rotation) utill it's straight up and down, release click.

Next, hold down the shift key and click the corner with the cursor and drag until the paper fills the document.

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 8.46.54 PM.png

hit enter to accept the state change (transformation).

Ok, hold the contro/command key and hit the J key, this will duplicate the layer. Turn off the original layer.
Your layers panel should now look like this...

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 8.56.23 PM.png

let me know when your there!

Hold your cursor over the text on the upper layer in the layers panel and double click, rename this layer "Background". Hit enter when done.

I do this so you will know how to do this later.

Done, should i remove the white background layer below those two layers?

----

Both done, i deleted the original white background layer, and renamed the top layer background.

Not sure how you got the white layer, but that's fine! Notice here that the BG layer is highlighted, you do this by clicking within the body of the layer in the layers panel.

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 9.00.18 PM.png

This means we will now be working on this layer.

Last edited:
Odd, did that attachment show up or do you just see the text?

Ok, this may not be the best way to do this but we will use the Burn Tool for the next part. So select the tool.

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 9.07.04 PM.png

Set the tools exposure to about 50%. Click on the document with the tool. You may get a warning like this....

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 9.10.53 PM.png

Just click ok.

Use the tool to burn the edges of the document.

Back