What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can you remove the caption from this Picture?

Drader86

Can you please remove the caption from this photo? It was taken years ago on Snapchat and I cannot edit it unfortunately. It’s one of my favorite pictures of my best friend.

B6429257-E5D8-4191-86FF-F274DB8EA299.jpeg

@IamSam - can you provide some insight as to how you pulled that caption bar off the image? I can see the underlying image was barely disturbed...
- Jeff

can you provide some insight as to how you pulled that caption bar off the image?
Sure.

Make a selection of the banner with the Rectangular Marquis Tool, add a Brightness & Contrast adjustment layer, raise the brightness to 150. This will do most of the work for you.

Then make a stamp visible layer and turn the others off. On the new layer, use any of the selection tools and content aware fill. Use the Clone Stamp and Brush Tool to clean up.

Sure.

Make a selection of the banner with the Rectangular Marquis Tool, add a Brightness & Contrast adjustment layer, raise the brightness to 150. This will do most of the work for you.

Then make a stamp visible layer and turn the others off. On the new layer, use any of the selection tools and content aware fill. Use the Clone Stamp and Brush Tool to clean up.

Awesome! I knew that the opacity of the black band somehow played into this. I'm still surprised that the brightness didn't affect the underlying image. Sometimes the science of Photoshop astounds me.
Many thanks for the details! :thumbsup:
- Jeff

Back