What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CC 2014 Adobe Color Theme Conundrum...!

MrToM

Guru
This may be just me having a blonde moment but here's the issue...

Adobe_Color_Themes_A_01.png

If I open the 'Adobe Color Themes' panel and have it as 'floating' I get the panel on the left...
If I then dock the panel into my other panels on the right of the workspace I get the panel on the right...

Now, here's the problem...

In neither configuration is there any way to scroll down the list to see the rest of the options. (In fact its not even obvious that there ARE further options in the default 'floating' panel)

I appreciate that I can 'drag' the size of the panel to reveal all the options but whilst that may be OK for the 'floating' panel its hardly convenient for when its docked.

Not only that, but as the list is 'active' and updated as people add to it, if the list gets any longer then it wouldn't even be convenient when 'floating' either.

Is there some mystical virtual scroll bar somewhere that I'm just not seeing?

Is it just another 'Friday afternoon' design flaw by the crack team of Adobe software engineers? (Which is where my money is)

Is it just me?

Is anyone else with CC 2014 having the same issue and found a solution?

Why did Adobe remove Kuler?
What was wrong with it?
It worked...damn it!

Answers on a postcard...please.

Regards.
MrTom.

Hoogle

Guru
I Don't get scroll bars either however with smart gestures on my trackpad or scroll wheel on mouse I can scroll through them Have not got my tablet with me to see if it is scrollable via that as well

MrToM

Guru
Thanks Hoogle...that'll do!

I should have mentioned this is on a windows PC with a Wacom but no matter......the middle mouse switch on my pen does the 'scroll' just fine......don't know why I didn't try that before so it must have a 'blonde' moment!

Not exactly obvious though is it?

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
...Is this what your looking for re: Kuler...
Thanks gedstar, thats Kuler all-right but its no different to Adobe Color Themes.....in fact Adobe Color Themes IS Kuler!

When CC first came out Kuler was dropped for a short while.

It later came back but re-named Adobe Color Themes.

Meantime the original Kuler became available as a 'plug-in' (read extension) before it was included with a later CC update.

The stupid thing is....the Adobe Color Themes extension IS just a re-named Kuler file.....it even resides in a folder called 'KulerPanel'...! Sheesh!

I was really just using Kuler as yet another example of the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' scenario.

I do like the line on that page you linked to though...."Once you have found the plugin..." I spent 10 mins looking for it and just went round in circles.....so I couldn't find the darn thing anyway!

Thanks for looking out for it though, I really appreciate it.....and Sorry on behalf of Adobe for sending you on a wild goose chase too!

Regards.
MrTom.

gedstar

Guru
No worries MrTom, that's Adobe for you, as you said why fix what's not broken
It would be even better if they fixed what is broken :rofl:

MrToM

Guru
Never a truer word spoken!

Adobe do seem to have their head in the (Creative) Cloud.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited: