What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 12.. Manipulate an image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

egosbar

Guru
shoot in *.raw with a higher iso and ps raw editing will do the charm ;)

problem with the fujifilm hs50 is high iso produces lots of noise , above 800 not much good probably get away with 1600 at the most , but ill give it a go

egosbar

Guru
working on something now probably finish in a couple of days , need to get home to spend some time on it

ibclare

Queen Bee
Yours looks good Clare, not sure what that is coming down from the ceiling but cool nonetheless. I may have to work on another one.

What's coming down from the ceiling? Why, it's an architectural element supporting the drape of course. Darned if I know. Ask the inky guy! I tried making a waterfall come out of it, then I tried a stained glass hummingbird, but neither worked and only made it look busy and distracting. So I made a couple minor changes and reposted it.

Hoops, I like the humor!

Here's my lopsided sense of humor. Using that same thing coming down out of the ceiling, ha.

TOWER_black_widow.jpg

The model is black widow 5 from faestock at deviantarts.com

Last edited:

smoke

Power User
--> click for full size <--

feminising eye drops [=

femin.jpg

time spent: ~7h
original size 4000x8000p
tried to attempt: dark manipulation

ibclare

Queen Bee
Spooky, curious piece of art work there smoke. It gives me rather a queasy feeling though when I consider the word "feminizing" in conjunction with this image. Or for that matter, try to find the feminine . . . alien life form perhaps. But I do like the syringe, ingenious.

egosbar

Guru
images used

Attachments

• a tower.png
    a tower.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 50
  • balancedrock.jpg
    balancedrock.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Eilean_Donan_Castle_at_Loch_Duich.jpg
    Eilean_Donan_Castle_at_Loch_Duich.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 1
  • storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1
  • sword1.jpeg
    sword1.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Old-Merlin_series4promo.jpg
    Old-Merlin_series4promo.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 52

egosbar

Guru
thanks mate , i couldnt come up with anything with one of the original images so i thought id join two and see what it looked like and i saw a cross and a possible sword handle so i thought of the sword in the stone , happy with the outcome it took a bit to get it merged together

egosbar

Guru
pretty good and welcome , whats my sword handle doing in your image :cheesygrin:

Last edited:
pretty good and welcome , whats my sword handle doing in your image :cheesygrin:
Hi egosbar
I only saw your image just now when a I read your comment...very nicely done, I like it a lot.

But please believe me, it is just a big coincidence, and I feel rather silly about it.

When I started with my creation I copied the original picture and mirrored it on a new layer. I saw then that I had a "female symbol" as an idea for my picture to create. The "male symbol" followed, then I arranged it with the background picture from St. Petersburg in Russia.

egosbar

Guru
only joking mate i really wasnt insinuating you copied my thought of mirroring the image , its all just practice so anything goes , i actually didnt link the f/m thought process for you image , nice

how long have u been photoshopping?

my only comment would be the left side of image is blown but you might of been wanting that look

Last edited:
I'm a PS user since 1994, mainly in printing business...
...I' brightened up the left side of the image deliberately to give it more depth and simulate an artificial environment.

SITM

proj2.jpg Having issues loading images on this site. I have checked all security/firewalls etc... Hope this works. Only had a couple hours to play with this and haven't done much PS work-be nice.

smoke

Power User
had time for another one :)
censored for PSG

Click for full size
psg-censored.jpg
Time: 7h+

stocks used:
stocks.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
Welcome to the forum Chris and SITM! I'm really glad you chose to join in the challenge. Nice work both of you.

SITM, for not having much PS experience, bravo. Keep up the good work.

I have noticed that most of the work using this form has a very visceral quality. Initially, I would never have thought such an architectural element would lend itself to such organic imagery. Not so.

Really good entries everyone.

inkpad.t

Guru
WOW.. this has now took off i see.. beginning to think it was the wrong type of challenge to put forward...

I like them all.... fantastic work by all.... can't wait to see if anyone else comes up with what you can do with that image, didn't expect such good workings of it..

The winner will be a tough one to choose as they are all so good... Keep it going ...

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.