What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge #60: Time passes for everything

Challenge #60: Time passes for everything

• chrisdesign

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Eggy

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • IngridO

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Gedstar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ZeroCool22

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Redataxia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

polarwoc

Guru
This is not a contest entry because it was done by somebody else, but this meets the entry rules - just for fun.
d6dt8WL.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
@chrisdesign I must say your entry is real awesome, and I can see a lot of skill and effort went into making it that realistic, but I could only vote once. The voting choice was very difficult, but your work must be appreciated and I just had to say this.

Rpbin

If I were allowed to vote it would have to be Eggy's Awesome Engine for pure Skill and Impact. It is totally convincing! After I had seen the shiny new engine and began to scroll down and the rusty wreck started to appear, my mind thought Oh wow! he must have found a really old picture of the engine when new and remarkably, it is still in more or less the same position... as more details were revealed it began thinking ...in exactly the same position !...??? but surely... that can't be? It was only then, that I realised, (this being a group of Ps Gurus doh!) that ofc, it has been Photoshopped and extremely skillfully so, too!
For sheer chutzpah, lol I'd vote for Argos!

Eggy

Retired Moderator
If I were allowed to vote it would have to be Eggy's Awesome Engine for pure Skill and Impact. It is totally convincing! After I had seen the shiny new engine and began to scroll down and the rusty wreck started to appear, my mind thought Oh wow! he must have found a really old picture of the engine when new and remarkably, it is still in more or less the same position... as more details were revealed it began thinking ...in exactly the same position !...??? but surely... that can't be? It was only then, that I realised, (this being a group of Ps Gurus doh!) that ofc, it has been Photoshopped and extremely skillfully so, too!
For sheer chutzpah, lol I'd vote for Argos!

Here's the original thread...ages ago.
Exercise in aging

Argos

Guru
The only wrong with eggy's work is that weird perspective and light in the right broken glass, i though it was a spider net at first :rofl:.

And yes, i'm that annoying..........:cautious:

@polarwoc
Thank you for your kind words, I really appreciate it.
I cheated a little. The actual PS work was quite simple though.

1. I searched for a moldy orange image with Google.
2. I photographed a fresh orange in a similar position and similar lighting.
3. I made a selection of the moldy orange and put it on a layer on top of the fresh orange.

In a way my work is a reversed process like Eggy's work. It's just clever thinking to achieve a good result in a short time.

Eggy

Retired Moderator
The only wrong with eggy's work is that weird perspective and light in the right broken glass, i though it was a spider net at first :rofl:.
And yes, i'm that annoying..........:cautious:

Yeah, seeing my early works I see a lot of flaws...
I'll have to make a trip further in the past.

Argos

Guru
Yeah, seeing my early works I see a lot of flaws...
I'll have to make a trip further in the past.

It was a joke XD, A little spot in a entire transformation job....in every job i done i see flaws 15minuts after is finish :rofl:

LaceyKeo

I voted the other day but didn't comment.

I voted for the train, because for me it was just, the most appealing image.

The orange and the ferry were close behind, but I felt the train was the most (uh... un)polished of the three.

SMOk3

Power User
Voted and good luck to all those who took part. Either win or lose, all entries are fantastic.

Argos

Guru
Congrats Eggy!!! Magnificent job!
Thanks to all participants! All the entries were Excellent and original!
Cheers!

LaceyKeo

I only knew to come vote because I saw your posts in the free request forum.

Maybe that's because I'm on mobile not full site, I don't know, but I didn't even know this part of the site existed...

Maybe more visibility would help?