What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 7 - " Parental Love and affection "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Guru Guy!

Mike, I thought you were saying chit as in ... you know, LOL.

Thanks a lot Guys... I am glad to be a Guru... Lolz... And you can call me 'Çhit' - this is what my friends and office colleagues call me too...

Ok, I had a very hard time with this one but not with the execution.

This may not be exactly what Chit was looking for in this challenge, but it is what it is.

ParentsLove_02.jpg

Sources:

My camera.

The Graveyard is from The Florida Center for Instructional Technology. CliPix ETC.

Last edited:
first ever entry , loving this medium nothing to clean up lol actually im not sure on if i spelt "their" right , bloody english language been using it a long time and still i wonder lol

Attachments

• finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
first ever entry , loving this medium nothing to clean up lol

actually im not sure on if i spelt "their" right , bloody english language been using it a long time and still i wonder lol

Nice work ego...

Some shadowing under the baby may have helped this piece.

Good stuff though.

That is beautiful egosbar. My only comments are that the colors of all the subjects are different. That is fine and probably your intention. Actually, my only criticism is that the hand doesn't have quite the intensity of the baby, just slightly. And I agree with Inkz, a little subtle shadowing would help. But that is just my opinion. Overall, it's a very sensitive and lovely image!

WOW that blew me away.....I think the three skin tones holds this together!! :yourock::yourock:

What is driving me nutz are the babys toes....A smudge or no red in the toes, and remove the white fringe when you add that shadow :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now I know I have no chances....still gonna finish!

Last edited:
thanks all for your comments , got a bit impatient to put it up lol , after less then a month and my first challenge i should of spent a bit more time and really perfected it , my question now is am i allowed to spend the time left finalising it and then submit or is this once on thats the end lol , id love to repost it when i finalise it and still be eligable to pick up a couple of votes ,the idea came pretty quick and im sure with more practice i will much better jobs before posting , i was an impatient amatuer artist and the same shows here lol ,
whatever the outcome ill be really working on finalising my work , again thanks for the encouragement its "encouraging" lol

oh by the way the three separate skin tones was definitely on purpose i did want to give each layer its own identity and the way i look at it is that it does exactly what was intended , i just need to do some of the suggestions above and it should be sweet.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely egosbar. Just edit your post and replace it. If you need tips on exchanging photos, let me know. Some browsers I think mess up the process. It used to be fine for me till they updated the site, lol.

Hey ego,

I really like your concept. Although it's meaning and sentiment travels a different and ironic path for me, but enough of that!

The Baby in the hand is perfect, it meshes well with your message. While others may totally disagree with me, I find the larger Baby in the bg very distracting and I don't know why. It may be competing with the primary image for attention. I wonder if it would look better if it were out of focus? I don't know. If it comes to me, I'll let you know.

Hey ego,

I really like your concept. Although it's meaning and sentiment travels a different and ironic path for me, but enough of that!

The Baby in the hand is perfect, it meshes well with your message. While others may totally disagree with me, I find the larger Baby in the bg very distracting and I don't know why. It may be competing with the primary image for attention. I wonder if it would look better if it were out of focus? I don't know. If it comes to me, I'll let you know.

i did muck around with the opacity of the larger child for that very reason, but i thought there was still a story in the larger child and it was a little lost i thought when transparent , although the main message is definitely revolved around the palm and the baby in the palm with absolutely no thoughts or understanding of a future ,the other thought is of another child looking and beginning to understand there is a future and also beginning to understand the reliance it needs on a loving parent , at least that was my thought process behind the picture . as with any form of art there can be many meanings to many people.

ive modified the image a little now , tried a shadow although i only used the burn tool and also fixed the red foot and a little color adjusments

ahh loaded it and had it ok but made a few adjustments to the hand and now the foot doesnt look right lol too tired now ill get it right before the 31st haha

Last edited:
WOW again....I'm feeling this one....I think you are close to a grand slam....definitely a home run!

Thanks for your explanation egosbar. I think it was well thought out. One thing to consider might be to tone down the background child and place a slight surface or gaussian blur on it. It does, on second look, dominate the image overall. I don't think it would lose its significance if it were softer and less dominant. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back