What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 7 - " Parental Love and affection "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your explanation egosbar. I think it was well thought out. One thing to consider might be to tone down the background child and place a slight surface or gaussian blur on it. It does, on second look, dominate the image overall. I don't think it would lose its significance if it were softer and less dominant. Just a thought.

ill give it a go i wont help myself but to play until its right lol , used to the same with oils and dam i went to far sometimes lol
im thinking i might change the text to have the children saying the quote which one do you prefer

their future is in your hands love them

or our future is in your hands love us

I think you should leave the quote. It might be a bit much to have infants expressing these thoughts. I won't go into detail on why I think so, but children are innocent and entirely at our disposal as you are saying, and they are loving and trusting and wouldn't even imagine saying those words. It's an expectation.

I think you should leave the quote. It might be a bit much to have infants expressing these thoughts. I won't go into detail on why I think so, but children are innocent and entirely at our disposal as you are saying, and they are loving and trusting and wouldn't even imagine saying those words. It's an expectation.

The representation is about all children growing up not just infants , infants is just where it starts
not sure yet on the quote ill mull it over over the next week , ive done the blur and now im also mulling over which one i like lol

Last edited:
finished i think , changed the text color , moved it down and blurred the backround a couple of pixels , i may add something small if anything comes to me but at this stage im happy with it , replaced page 3 pic

Last edited:
This challenge is tough nut..
parntal-s.jpg

Here's stock mellow_yellow_girl_stock_by_DyingBeautyStock.jpg
originally from here

Decided to try my self in line-art and typography as was still virgin in that techniques :)
~6h
damn long procedure this line shaping ..

just noticed typo but its to late now... hrrrrrrrr...shame on me :banghead:

Last edited:
no chance of seeing him more unless you swerve away from conflict ,might be hard but use positive philosophy and you may get to see more of him as he grows , without a doubt fuel conflict and you will definitely see less

in saying that i dont know the circumstanses but i have a lot of mates going or gone through the same thing and its never easy , the world unfortunately do not favor fathers imo , but it is definitely a message on how you feel so id keep it here just dont show her or your son , just remember although you may be missing out a bit now keep being positive and you may spend a lot more time together as he grows , i spend so much time with my son now and hes 22 , it goes quick

It's taking ages for it to be brought to court, and even then, it doesn't mean she will play ball. The only thing that I have solace in, is that he will be old enough to realise what his mum has been doing.

yeah mate pretty much what im saying , sucks and ive been very lucky 29 years and my youngest is now 18 and we are still good , all you can do mate is keep doing good by him , at about 12-18 they will make their choices , write him a letter once a month and register and post to yourself so the dates are all good , that will let him know what your feeling and thinking even if you cant see him over a long period , that way when he is old enough you can give him your feelings for a long time and he will understand you more , but never bag the other parent it dont help

remember and i quote plato i think ,,,,, be kind , everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle , including the mother no matter what she is doing at this point -------------- hang in there the future will be fine , kids grow up and they will always love parents unless you do some serious wrong

Beautiful sentiment and wise thought egosbar. I don't suppose it helps a lot with the grief. But think of it that way Chad. It is grief . . . He is still alive and your heartbreak is not that worst of parental nightmares. Not that this is much consolation, such remarks are thoughtless I suppose because they don't help anything. I can't speak from experience of my own as I have no children, just many nieces and nephews scattered around the planet! But I recognize and understand grief and I believe and empathize with those who have shared their stories. I'm a bit over emotional (I've been told) about some things, animals and human pain among those.

But anyway, I will add you to my prayers, that the Universe will give you plenty of time to watch your child grow. I'm more confrontational than egosbar, but he is surely right about not making a major case that will put your son in the middle make the child feel responsible.

Love the I'm jealous of my mom.... word content makes an image zing, and I love humour so for me it's a home-run, spelling mistake and all!
I might do one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back