What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of file

J Cherry

Hey guys,I have an EPS file that is CS4 quality, however I need to get it downgraded to CS3;

Can someone save is as a lower file?View attachment HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01.eps

Also if someone could tell me the font, size and color used for the "performance centre" part it would be a great help (The guy who made it for me is going silent...)

Thanks ahead of time!

(Moderator's note: The OP originally asked for a change from "sr4 quality" to "sr3 quality". When he realized his mistake, he went back and corrected his first post in this thread, making the subsequent discussion seem to not make sense. This note is to clarify exactly what happened. Should this ever happen again, it's better to make the correction in subsequent posts, not try to go back and re-write history, LOL. --- OP Note: I am learning!! )

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi - Welcome to PSG!

The reason you haven't gotten any response is most likely because none of our regulars (including myself, & I've been using Photoshop since the mid 1990's) have ever heard of "SR4" and "SR3" quality. My guess is that this is probably some term used in some specialized software package used by a relatively small number of users. A search for the terms "sr4" and "sr3" gave answers ranging from "Science Information Retrieval" to a game called, "Saints Row". Given that the content of your file is about hockey, I have no idea what you really mean.

My suggestion is that you specify the nature of the file in commonly used terms such as (a) the dimensions of the file in pixels, (b) the color space (eg, sRGB, Adobe RGB, some version of CMYK, etc.), and whichever of the standard file types you would like (eg, EPS, PNG, JPG, TIF, PSD, etc.). Once we have this information, one of us will be able to immediately help you. If you can't find such technical information, at least give us a link to some technical discussion of "sr4" and "sr3" quality.

In the interim, here are 3 versions of your file. All are in the sRGB color space. The first is a zipped JPG that is 5,000 pixels wide, the 2nd and 3rd are un-zipped PNG files. The 2nd is 1000 px wide, and the 3rd is 100 pixels wide (eg, a thumbnail suitable for use as a small icon, etc.). Hopefully, one of these should be pretty close to what you need.

Tom M
Moderator, PSG

Attachments

• HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01-01b_5kpx.zip
    662.1 KB · Views: 1
  • HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01-1000px_wide.png
    HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01-1000px_wide.png
    290.2 KB · Views: 1
  • HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01-100px_wide.png
    HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01-100px_wide.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 18

J Cherry

Hi Tom,

Thanks for trying to help!

Honestly sr3 and sr4 mean as much to me as they do to you. We are making shirts and the designer said he was unable to open the EPS file since it was an sr4 and he runs sr3.. I think it has to do with Adobe Creative Suit

Tom Mann

Guru
OK. That makes sense now.

I imported the EPS file from your first post into the latest version of AI, and then simply re-exported it as a CS3 compatible EPS. They should be able to read it now. Let us know if there are any problems with this file.

FYI, I've also included a screen shot that shows all the different versions of eps files between the version you can read (ie, CS3 compatible, which has to be at least a decade old) and the latest version (ie, CC 2017).

More_modern_versions_of_eps_files.jpg

Since you are doing this work commercially, you are very likely to receive eps files in any of these formats, so I would strongly recommend that you upgrade your software to the latest version. The price to lease the latest version of AI from Adobe is a few tens of dollars per month - ie, probably less than what you charge for a single shirt. You won't regret doing so.

Cheers,

Tom M

View attachment HEO_Performance-Centre_logo_01-AI-cs3.eps