What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking between windows in cs4 applies action

Seijun

I don't know if this is a bug or if it's normal, but in cs4 (on windows 7 64 bit) if I click on a window/picture that is behind another one, my current tool will apply it's action to the picture I clicked. For example, say I have the brush tool currently selected and I have two or three pictures open (not tabbed). If I want to bring the picture in the back to the top of the stack I have to be careful to only click the picture's blue title bar. If I click somewhere on the picture itself the picture will jump to the top AND have a brush stroke applied. Is there a way to turn this off? I have the earlier cs3 on an xp computer it does not have this issue. Clicking a picture in the back just brings the picture to the front but won't apply any tool actions.

Seijun

What I mean is that it works on the image while I am in the process of selecting it. This doesn't happen in cs3.

Steve

Retired Administrator
It does for me in CS3 and CS5.

Assume 2 images are visible, image 1 is active and I have a Red brush selected.
If I move my cursor to image 2 and click on the image I'll select image 2 and paint with the red brush where I clicked.

To just select you need to click on the title bar of an image.