What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clone stamp circle and what is included in circle

hjsesq

When I use my clone stamp for whatever size I chose, the portion of the image it clones does not include everything in the circle. I am using CC 2015.5.1. All assistance in resolving this problem will be appreciated.
Harris

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What are your Brush Settings? If the brushes hardness is set to 0, then it would not include everything.

hjsesq

Thanks IamSam
I have changed the brush settings to every setting possible including hardness, size, flow, and whatever else available and no change.
Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What are your Clone Tool settings?

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 7.55.37 PM.png

If at all possible, can you provide a screen shot of what the too is doing?

hjsesq

My settings are the same as yours. I would like to send a screenshot but it would be of no help. In attempting to take a screenshot, when I hold down the command key the circle around the the portion that has been cloned disappears. If you can picture a solid ball with color and surrounding it a black circle a number of sizes larger than what has been cloned you would have it.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried resetting the Tool?

Have you tried changing the Advanced GPU Drawing Mode to a lower setting (making sure to restart Photoshop after)?

Have you tried resetting all Photoshop preferences to defaults?

Last edited:

hjsesq

I have tried to reset the tool without success - perhaps I have been doing it wrong. Do not know what the Advanced GPU drawing mode is and - did attempt to reset preferences following PS tutorial to change preferences but again without success. Perhaps you can give me directions on places where I can get info to follow your suggestions . I have a 82 year old body attached to a head that takes it a while to process things.
Many thanks for your time and consideration,
Harris

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sure Harris, no problem.

Go to PHOTOSHOP > PREFERENCES this will open the preferences panel.

Then go to PERFORMANCE, under graphics processor settings and make sure your check on "Use Graphics Processor. Then click on advanced settings and make sure those are checked.
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 2.24.53 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If it's still not working, repeat the above process and change the Drawing mode from advanced to normal (then basic if needed). Some suggest restarting Ps after changes.

hjsesq

Hate to be such a pain in the butt but tried all and still no change. Is it possible to return to "default" through "library"? heard about this but do not know how to do it. There is a PS tutorial on doing this with CS6 but not with CC. I tried to follow the CS6 tutorial but did not give the conclusion for CC. You are probably as frustrated as me or maybe even more. Meanwhile my dog is lying on chair sleeping without a care in the world.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Don't worry Harris, your not bothering us at all!

Good call Ged, that was going to be my next suggestion.

gedstar

Guru
Last edited: