What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clone tool not showing results until mouse button released

snorq

Hi. Question about the CS5 clone tool. It was working fine and dandy up until 30 minutes ago. Around that time, I must have accidentally pressed some arcane key sequence that changed the tool's behavior.

Now, when I try to draw on a photo with the clone tool, nothing happens until I release the mouse button -- then, all the areas I covered with the cursor fill in with the appropriate cloned material. I still get the clone preview, and the cloning function still works as intended. But now I no longer get the real-time feedback as I draw.

Any suggestions on how to get the thing back to normal? Restarting PS didn't seem to help.

Thanks much.

PSStyleADay

I don't think it had to do with the key strokes you pressed. I think you may have just been out of memory. Photoshop does that with a lot of tools (brush tool, clone tool, etc) when it is out of memory. ;)