What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloning Font/text within an image?

Donnyten

Hi, I want to know if it's possible to "clone" text/font and use it to retype your own words within an image.

For example, I'm making a simply vinyl record in photoshop, I took a picture of one that I have and I simply want to remove the words from it. I suppose I do that with the clone tool to make the artwork or sticker uniform, but how can i copy the same text to make it look realistic?

Hi Donnyten

You can you can work on rasterized text, as it was any other regular image and use any tool you need to edit it, since the text is not treated as a font anymore but as an image.

Instead of trying to copy or clone the text o make it look realistic like you said, i will recommend using the "text tool" to create the text which will give you a lot more control over type itself, and in order to make it look "realistic" just play whit the blending modes and opacity.

This may help: 50 Stunning Photoshop Text Effect Tutorials

Hope this helps.

there is a website cant think of the name where it lets you upload an image with text on and it will recognise the font for you that way you can just download the font and play with effects once you have typed what you want. Just google font recognition

That website Hoogleman is WhatTheFont! « MyFonts.

About realistic text can't tell. If it was just plain black then make your text, rasterize it and then Gausian Blur it a little.
I actual usually before cleaning out text write beside it my own and play with it comparing to origin till they look similiar. And then clone stamp it out to replace with mine.

Back