What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close/Hide/Open Application Frame Icons

stylus1274

I was forced to reinstall my Photoshop. So there are a few settings I'm trying to get back up.

This one in particular is driving me mad because I can not figure it out. Below is my attachment of what I"m looking to 'activate'. In the image you can see the red/yellow/green icons that open/close the entire application background frame. Right now those icons are missing.

So basically I can't minus/close out my photoshop screen to maybe look at other open windows or whatever. I've tried multiple different options including "application frame".

If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be forever grateful :)

1.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure I follow. can you take a larger screen shot?

Like this........
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 11.03.20 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The three icons showing in your screenshot are your main Photoshop icons.

stylus1274

Exactly like they are in your screenshot with the icons below the Apple logo is what I'm missing.

The attachment shows what I see currently when I open PS. No icons and I can't seem to 'add' them in.

2.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try this.........

Go to your workspace drop down menu.
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 11.08.11 AM copy.png

Select Essentials.....
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 11.09.28 AM copy.png

Let me know what happens.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try resetting your prefs.......

On a Mac, hold Shift + Option + Command while starting Photoshop to delete the preferences.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try this......

On the frame window (Window>Application Frame set to on) resize the Photoshop window by clicking on the bottom right corner (resize handle) and dragging it up and to the left to make the window smaller. Photoshop then displays the window correctly with the Close, Minimize, Maximize buttons displayed. Seems to be a bug in Photoshop, in my case it was CS6.

Also, make sure your on standard screen mode.

stylus1274

OK after the reset the icons are back. So I thank you for that :) No clue what I may have done to mess it up the first time.

Thanks again for your help. I was ready to jump off a mountain!