What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confused again by CS5 for question: RGB->CMYK

SeniorS

Guru
So i have my kid on hands (daddy needs to work but kid want attention).
He was touching keyboard so i hide it and start to work only with mouse (which is total fun and challange sometimes :)).
All was great until i decided to convert RGBto CMYK. For first time in ... i don't know anctually was going to do it by using menu and get suprised and confused by CS5 (again):
cmyk.jpg
My inner voise was like:

What a ... wait a second. What a ... NO COLOR PROFILE? So what? PS going to convert it 1:1? Imposible! Some colors are not in CMYK so without color profile there isn't conversation. Or it will not convert at all!?! And why i set up color preferences in a first place? What a ...
...Okey, i'll go to Convert to Profile.
What a ... - Destination Space : Working CMYK ... WHAT THE HELL! "You" just said that i have no color profile and still know that there is some working cmyk. So why "you" f... my brain for?
...Okey, i'll make then duplicate and do both ways and see is there any difference.
...Hmm...there isn't! (or i didn't find it) So again ... what a ...

:)
And now i'm confused. Is there something that "they" know and i don't? I understand that i just need to "forget" that message and keep living but i saw it and it's stress my out.

So question: why that warning?

:):):) LoL :rofl: I knew there is a trick. It never happens before. As long as i remember "we" always used that kind preferences. Lol again :rofl:

Back