What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting CR2 to Tiff in Bridge-image problem

lobstermurphy

Why does this "Striping or Banding" occur? Please see image. I am not sure if that is the right language for what is happening to my images. Does anybody have an answer for this. thanks

Attachments

• Jason Portfolio.jpg
    Jason Portfolio.jpg
    788.8 KB · Views: 3
It looks like pressure plate scratches on film.
You're implying this only occurs when you create a TIF through Bridge with Image processor.

Have you opened the CR2 in ACR and then Photoshop and examined the image?
Are you sure the raw file doesn't have the same lines?
What happens if you save as a JPG or a PSD?

Thanks for the reply. I have opened the image with other software (Lightroom,Preview, digital photo professional) and the raw file appears to be fine. (No Lines) it just when I use Bridge. Someone suggested that it might be my hardDrive.

what is ARC?

ACR is Adobe Camera Raw.
Are the lines in the same place all the time and ONLY on tifs?

Are you using compression on the tifs and if so can you trace the problem to a particular one?
Never say never, I guess it could be a drive problem, but with a problem this specific and no other issues it doesn't seem likely to me.

no the lines are not in the same place and there in no compression used when I make the Tiff. Here is another example

Attachments

• Zane and Ben EastMan(not Good).jpg
    Zane and Ben EastMan(not Good).jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 0
You still haven't confirmed for me if this happens if you convert to jpg or PSD instead of Tif.
That last one, message #6 looks like a card or drive issue.

Please try converting to jpg and PSD, do it a couple of time and let me know if the files are OK.

Ok, If I ask again what happens when you convert to a PSD that will be 3 times, maybe 3 is my lucky number.

You haven't given specifics on what you did and how you did it.
You haven't said by what process you determined that your Raw and JPG file are OK.

No more questions, I'll just tell you what I would do if I were you.
For starters I'd run Chkdsk /F if you have a PC then ........

Copy the Raw files from the card to a new folder on the HDD.
Open the new folder in Bridge.
DO NOT assume if the images look fine in Bridge the RAW files are OK, you're looking a JPG thumbnails not the RAW files.

Click on a RAW file in Bridge.
This will open it in ACR.
Now examine the image for problems.
No problems, open it in PS and save it as a TIF.
Close the TIF and reopen it, still OK?

Do this with 8, 10, 12 images.
What happened?

Back