What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Converting to B & W

pshophelp

Can someone give me the area where you convert to B & W on Version CS2. I had elements 8 for awhile until I went into the big leagues and there was a nice area there where I had several 'programmed' options for different variations of B & W for the same photo to choose from. Where is that on CS2? A little step by step of where to click since I am somewhat new to this would be invaluable, Thanks!

>image>adjustments>black and white

ok I have it on other computer .minute

I guess not if that doesnt work for you
there is always threshold filter .try that

there are numerous actions you can get for free for conversions...
simply removing color will leave you with an image that needs to be re-built with contrast...
there is no one method, as every image will process differently...
there several third-party programs that will do it very well, and allow lots of adjustments...
it is easy to get a Black, and a White... it is the mid-tone contrast, local contrast that always suffers...
never hesitate to increase the contrast/saturation of your original, before converting...
if your first conversion is less than you want...

Use a channel mixer adjustment layer, check the monochrome box. Adjust the sliders to get the look you want.

Back