What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cool evil eye

arrgghh!!! I didn't notice that before! Nicely picked Alistair :perfect:

My old eyes are failing me, ;\ it is square. Well i'll be darned

Joy: Really good Wendy, looks like my eyes the morning after. My skin is sorta that color too.
[shhh] I was looking in the mirror, myself, when I did that one Joy! 8[

:rofl: Thanks guys... 'twas fun to play with!

"that square", btw, is part of a reflected image... [innocent] a screaming woman - namely, me! ;)

Welcome Scorpion -- Nice evil eye. I like the 4 little white highlights. :perfect:

Great results Tao O'Boogie! :}

Good tute Scorpion :perfect:

I am going to have a go myself at the pic in the Deviant art link,cheers Alistair :) ....anything to get away from modelling a folding Dragon wing arrgh,what a nightmare.

Stu.

your example is totally diffrent from mine though. What should i do to make mine lighter... with out making it look..... to light? [stuned]

Hey Alistair, try this to make your image lighter.

1) Create a new blank layer above your layer stack. Make sure all the layers you want to be seen are visible.

2) While holding down the Alt key (Mac: Opt), click the arrow on the top right corner of the Layers Palette and choose "Merge Visible" from the popup menu. This merges all visible layers onto the new blank layer that you just created without affecting the layers underneath it.

3) Experiment with different layer blending modes to achieve various image effects. I believe the Screen blending mode is the one that will lighten up your image considerably. If it's too light just lower the layer opacity to let the original layer show through. If it's still not light enough, duplicate this new layer by pressing Ctrl (Mac: Cmd) + J. This will double the effect. If it's too much, play around with the opacity until it's where you like.

Hope this helps!

~Dub

Another lightening/darkening technique you could try is the non-destructive burning & dodging.

1) While holding the Alt (Mac: Opt) key, click on the "Create New Layer" icon on the bottom of the Layers Palette. When the dialog box pops up, change the blend mode to "Overlay". Once you have done this, a couple more options become visible at the bottom of the Dialog Box. One of these is "Fill With 50% Gray". Select this option and click OK.

2) Now you can non-destructively burn and dodge by using the brush tool with your foreground/background colors set to black and white, respectively. It works much the same way as painting on a Layer Mask. Painting with Black is the same as using the Burn Tool. Painting with White is the same as using the Dodge Tool. The advantage of Burning/Dodging this way is twofold. a) it's non-destructive, meaning it doesn't directly affect the pixels of your image, and b) you can tweak the overall affect by playing around with the opacity of the Burn/Dodge layer.

Hope this helps too. I'm anxious to see your results!

~Dub

hmm, wow i never new how to merge everyhing on one layer [stuned] I would always merge visabe, copy the the whole thing, go to history, unmerge, and then paste [stuned] :rofl: :rofl: :\ Is this better?

Good advice there guys :perfect:

Alistair I useed the dodge and burn method Dubya mentioned for the veins I made.

I used screen mode for the lightening of the image.

And for the woman in the eye ball I used skew to get her into position.

But like Stroker says "Plat,fiddle,learn"...and I couldnt put it better :)

Stu.

kiwi said:
Good advice there guys :perfect:

Alistair I useed the dodge and burn method Dubya mentioned for the veins I made.

I used screen mode for the lightening of the image.

And for the woman in the eye ball I used skew to get her into position.

But like Stroker says "Plat,fiddle,learn"...and I couldnt put it better :)

Stu.

Plat? :D I never knew that was a word :\ :rofl: :rofl:

Back