What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Correct Proportions and Prespective in a simple composite photo?

Teldil

Hi,

I'm new here, so hello :)

I would like some help...I'm trying to create a simple composite photo where a woman is standing in a hotel room, facing the viewer. It is supposed to appear as if the viewer is standing in the room with her, facing her, like in first person view.
I'm having trouble figuring out how big\small each element (background and woman) should be in relation to the other in order to make it look as real as possible.
I would like some tips and guidelines on how to determine the right scale\position for each element.

This is what I have for now...any help would be much appreciated!

qN0ND2V.jpg

Thanks!!!

Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is one of my go to videos on perspective in composites. It's a bit drawn out but I think you will find it helpful with what your asking:

I think the harder challenge with your composite may be the lighting.

Yeah, i agree with Sam.
Lighting will be the biggest hurdle here.

Also... you'll need to remove that small drop shadow on her. It doesn't work, and it doesn't match the room lighting anyway.

As for her scale... if it were me, i'd turn her horizontal and put her on the bed so you could get a better idea of how she fits into the scale of the room. Then turn her vertical again and using the Perspective tool, you can move her anywhere in the room and she should look like she fits in proportion wise.
That's what i would try first.

Hope that helps a little.

That's a gr8 video tutorial btw. I love that one. Nice call Sam.

Mark (aka theKeeper)...

Last edited:
Unless the model in the image is facing an open door or window, that is facing her, then she is the wrong one to choose to go into your composite as she looks very wind swept , agree too with both IamSam and the Kepper about the lighting issues. even the room looks lit well enough not to have the lamps on.

Back