What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Covid Deaths

Scooby Magic

Banned
I believe most deaths attributed to covid are caused by the treatment, not the virus. For example, I read a story about a 28-year-old doctor who died battling the virus. They tried numerous treatments none worked. They discovered bleeding on the brain caused by the treatment and she died.
It's unfortunate but I don’t think the medical society has a clue how to treat the virus. Traditional methods obviously don’t work at all.

MentosCubing

Power User
While it's certainly true that doctors haven't figured out an ideal way to treat the virus, I wouldn't go as far as to say that the treatments are killing more patients than the virus itself. There are always going to be some deaths caused that way, but that's a bold claim and I want to see some statistics before I agree.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I believe most deaths attributed to covid are caused by the treatment, not the virus.
As long as you're stating this as a matter of opinion you're fine, but this would be an unfounded claim not backed by repetitive medical facts. As with any viral/infectious process, wide variances can be seen in individual morbidity. Immune health and underlying conditions contribute greatly to any given individuals course of treatment.

I read a story about a 28-year-old doctor who died battling the virus.
Can you link us to that story?

It's unfortunate but I don’t think the medical society has a clue how to treat the virus. Traditional methods obviously don’t work at all.
I completely disagree. Look at the numbers. What, if not treatment based on traditional methods, account for the survival rate being much higher than the death rate? Please, I mean no disrespect and based on ignorance, but I'm certain it's not the medical society that's clueless here.

Scooby Magic

Banned
The government and medical professionals don’t have a clue what they are doing with this virus, remember when they were telling people not to bother wearing masks unless it was an N95, because anything else was useless? Now they preach wearing them all the time. How did they mess that information up so bad right from the start.

MentosCubing

Power User
How did they mess that information up so bad right from the start.
That's like saying "the AE roto brush is really good now, but it hasn't always been that way, how did they mess it up so bad right from the start."
As more research and data are collected, the treatments and recommendations are obviously going to become more effective. Most of us see that as a positive testament to the current state of the research, but you seem to be using it as a negative testament to the earlier stages of research, and then using THAT as a negative testament to the current state of the research.
Sorry if I'm not making a lot of sense, but I'm just seeing some glaring logical flaws in your response.

hawkeye

Guru
The government and medical professionals don’t have a clue what they are doing with this virus, remember when they were telling people not to bother wearing masks unless it was an N95, because anything else was useless? Now they preach wearing them all the time. How did they mess that information up so bad right from the start.
Medical professionals didn't mess anything up. With a new unknown disease there is no hard data at the outset and as time passes they gain more information and insights into treatment and prevention. This is not unusual, the same thing occurs with any new disease, thus treatment, cures and vaccines require time for development.

thebestcpu

Guru
Nope, have no recollection of the CDC saying this nor have I ever seen this online from the CDC. My recollection is totally different as well as looking back through all of their recommendations. Do you have a link to the CDC saying this. If so please share (you have already been asked for links). Hard to respond to what you have provided so far which is a broad conclusion, broad statements and very little starting information. I assume you want a discussion ("General discussion" being part of this forums description), why not add some real meat to the bones of what you are saying and I bet you will get more cogent discussion.
Just a recommendation as an attempt to turn "heat" into "motion"
John Wheeler

Scooby Magic

Banned
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/houston-adeline-fagan-covid-19-death/index.html

It doesn't say anything about the treatment causing the bleed that eventually killed her, but it does make it pretty clear that without the medical interventions she would have already been dead because her lungs had basically stopped working. She had joined an experimental drug trial, but she had to be ventilated before they had time to even see if it was working. A CT scan revealed massive amounts of damage caused by a brain bleed, and her medical team was looking for permission to perform a procedure to relieve the pressure. And she died probably of brain damage not Covid.