What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a black or white background

Caz17

Hi,

I am trying to edit some photographs of antiques, the problem I have is how to make multiple objects or plates have a white or black background? as the selection tool doesn't work is there another way to go around the edge or change the background colour?

Thanks,

Caroline

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi,

I am trying to edit some photographs of antiques, the problem I have is how to make multiple objects or plates have a white or black background? as the selection tool doesn't work is there another way to go around the edge or change the background colour?
Can you upload an example please?

Caz17

What is wrong with the selection tool?

All you need is a background color?

Yes I need a background colour around the object. The selection tool doesn't go properly around the circle. Is there another way round this? Its a trial version I am using. It's a plate and I have trouble selecting around the circle.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes I need a background colour around the object. The selection tool doesn't go properly around the circle. Is there another way round this? Its a trial version I am using. It's a plate and I have trouble selecting around the circle.
This explains a lot. Photoshop is not a program that you can just grab and quickly edit photos, it takes some time and practice to become competent with and learn.

There's nothing wrong with the any of the tools in Photoshop, the problem is that you have limited knowledge of the tools and techniques available to you. Don't limit yourself to just one tool.

Take a look here: http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/selections/

Without examples, we can't help you with the best possible technique you can use for your particular situation, otherwise, we can only guess.