What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

creating realistic grout for tile floors

foxdog175

Hi All,

I'm looking for a more realistic way of creating grout. Basically what I have is an underlying seamless texture with a 2px grid sitting on top (pillow emboss)...it's just not realistic enough though. I'd really like to find a way to add some jaggedness to it so the edges aren't so perfect. I've tried the distort/ripple filter, but that really didn't look good...it kept the corners sharp. I also thought the Custom Shape Tool may work if it was one long squiggled line tiled into a grid, but that won't necessarily look great either since the tile's corners won't be rounded.

I'm looking for a quick workflow if possible, as the tile size may vary (6x6, 8x8, 12x12, etc.).

The attached screenshot has the original tile on the left side and psd file on the right.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks!

Attachments

• grout.jpg
    grout.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
I believe if you go to liquify, and mess around with the seems it may make it lok a td bit more realistic.

Back