What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS6 Bridge camera raw issue! Help!

zoephoto

I may be missing an obvious setting, but my camera raw dialogue box has had a new set of sliders in CS6 then it did in CS5 - it will have exposure with contrast right under, instead of cs5 where contrast is at the bottom, etc.

Some raw files are opening up that old cs5 dialogue box in cs6. The computer only has cs6, but the files have been on a computer with cs5. I've tried purging the cache for the set up files, but they still only open the older camera raw..??

How can I fix this??

Thank you so much!!

ahh why can't you edit posts! Here is one from the same camera as the first image I posted, and then I'll stop spamming my own thread. (in the first post I meant I had purged the cache of the set OF files, not set up files)

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 11.58.50 AM.png

There was a substantial upgrade to ACR between CS5 and CS6. This included better control of tonality (which are the extra controls you are seeing). If you want to upgrade to the new raw processor with its new controls, just click on the exclamation point just below the lower RH corner of the picture.

If you want to read all about the improvements, just Google, {photoshop cs6 ACR improvements} (...or something like that).

HTH,

Tom

PS - Hopefully, I addressed the issue that concerns you. I was trying to type at a mile a minute before my train went into a tunnel and I lost my connection.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much Tom, that was driving me crazy! I couldn't figure out (and still don't know why) the old ACR was showing up randomly - at least now I can hit the exclamation point and 'convert all to 2012' - do you know what causes the old ACR to show up at all?

thanks again! :) :)

Adobe made the old version of ACR the default for files which were originally created in the old version. The reason is because there are slight changes in the picture when you convert to the new version. They thought it was safer to do with that way.

T

Thanks Tom, I had used my laptop with CS5 to cull/label, so I guess that messed things up when I moved them to CS6! Thanks for helping me figure that out! :)

Glad to have helped. If you feel like it, why don't you post a few photos in the photography section. I always feel outnumbered by the graphic designers LOL. It seems like there's never enough photographers around here. LOL.

T

Back