What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

develop with color profile

Ninanoki

hello,
I'd like to send my dental technican best photo of my patients teeth with a shaders pallette so he can put the correct porcelain colors. I've Nikon D90 with Nikon R1 side lamps. my current protocol:
1-set white balance with gray card
2-take photo of color passport side 1
3-take photo of color passport side 2
4-take photo of patients teeth and pallette.
--- I know that all my problems would dissappear if I could put all these 4 elements on 1 photo but that's now possible. I need teeth closeup to see the details.---

5-create DNG and color profile with ColorChecker Camera Calibration or Photoshop
6-open photo of a teeth and choose ProPhoto RGB+16bits+correct profile
7-export to JPG

problem is my exposure is too low and I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly, please help.

camera NIKON D90 + NIKON R1 SIDE LAMPS + TAMRON 90mm
settings:M f32 ISO 100 1/125 White Balance:pRE autofocus:Auto

1nef.jpg

2profile.jpg

3exposure.jpg

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

If the patient's teeth and the shaders are shot as they are above I'm not sure you need to go through all the hassle of the color passport? Or am I missing something?

Typically the color passport is for color accuracy, but in your circumstance couldn't just match the shaders to the teeth as they are shot right next to each other?

I guess what I am saying is if the image color accuracy is off for the shaders it would be off for the patient's teeth as well, therefore there isn't anything to gain from the hassle with the color card/passport.

my gray card has some glowing silver grain on one side, the other side is simple gray, which side should I use?

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

Back