What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drawing tablet recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unscripted

I am interested in getting a drawing tablet and i would like some recommendations, I don't want to spend too much on it, maybe something under 80? (94.19$)
If you have experience with different tablets i would love to hear your opinions.

gedstar

Guru
Last edited:

Pipsmom

Guru
Totally agree with Gedstar, shop around and don't settle for cheap imitations as the drawing tablet will be your workhorse and its got to stand up to what you want it to do without glitches

Unscripted

Thanks for the advice, if i do get one i will most likely go for the Wacom tablet gedstar suggested. :cheesygrin:

R

renshan

I highly recommend XP-Pen tablets as well. I have the XP-Pen Artist15.6 , which was, at the time, the medium sized tablet in the Intuos line (I say 'at the time' because mine is over a year old now, and I'm not quite up to speed on their recent offerings). It has good pressure sensitivity, is easy to set up and use, comes with replacement pen nibs, and works well with various graphics programs (including Corel Painter, which is what I use). All I can say is that it's miles ahead of drawing with a mouse.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PCCC7R

kjomhan

I know everybody goes on about Wacom tablets, but they are INSANELY expensive. I bought a XP-PEN G430S last year, loved it completely, and just got hubby one a couple months ago. They're only $30, and they're fantastic. I do 2d art, used to draw, then scan, then edit in PSP or Photoshop. We both find the tablet and drawing straight into the computer far easier than paper>scanner>editing

kaffee

Nice to see from @kjomhan of an alternative.
However, being a Wacom user since the Graphire series (more than 15+ years now, with its hits and kinks), I would (obviously) recommend a Wacom, though.
When working on tablets, you may also consider checking the sensitivity levels and how these are communicated directly to your display (meaning, the lag time) because that's what primarily makes the difference in tablets.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.