What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped shadow help

humbucke

Hello

I'm looking to recreate a dropped shadow effect like the one on the watches below, but simply on a square shape like the one on the right.
I've tried with the simple drop-shadow effects in Photshop but it looks far less real.
In short I d'like the shadow to look more and more blurry and fade in the white background color. like the exact example below.
Can this be done in Photoshop only?
Could someone show me how please ?

Thank you

ombre-3d.jpg

Here's a screen capture of the basic process.
You are seeing a white background and a gray shape "floating' on another layer. Whatever shape you want to cast should be the only opaque object on that layer... the rest of that layer should be clear/transparent.
You will need to play with the parameters in 'drop shadow' to satisfy your exact needs. The basic settings are: Turn opacity down to make a lighter shadow, adjust distance to offset shadow. spread to feather the edge and size on how large the shadow will be. Play with the lighting direction to change where the shadow is cast.

drop shadow.jpg

Back