What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SavageBrotherRocket

image.jpgimage.jpgHello everybody, I'm Rocket! I'm trying to select only the edges of an image in order to cut out said image and create instead a transparent background image I can use for letter head, flyers etc. Any and all assistance in ABSOLUTELY appreciated!

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
What's with all the dashed white lines? If they were intended as guide lines or selection lines, were they for your benefit or ours? If it is for us, the way I work, they make it harder, not easier, so do u have a version without them? Also, do u have a higher resolution version?

Another question: why are the outermost dashed lines trapezoidal, not rectangular?

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
Oh, and if want help to do it yourself (vs. someone doing it for u), what software are u using?

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Tom, I think this a screenshot of his image. He was using the Magic wand to make a selection.

Screen Shot 2015-09-07 at 10.51.08 PM.png

MrToM

Guru
To be honest Sam I think Mr Mann has a point.

That looks like a photo of the screen to me.....there are reflections in it.

Talking of which, I doubt this is a genuine 'marquee' as it doesn't have any 'black' in it, (looking at the part with reflections).

True 'marching ants' are scrolling diagonal black and white stripes....visible only in a 1px width outline.

fake_ants_MT_01.jpg

What doesn't make sense though is that the 'Magic Wand' tool, (or whatever it is), is set to subtract....which can only be done [in PS] if there is something to subtract from, otherwise its disabled.....so where is that marquee?

Having a real screenshot would help....and verification this really is in PS.

'Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice....whoever she is. :rofl:

Regards.
MrToM.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MrToM said:
That looks like a photo of the screen to me.....there are reflections in it.

Actually, I totally agree. That's what I meant in my earlier post, I just typed the wrong thing............old age.

My initial thought was that it was a photo of a screen or a photograph of a graphic on a window. I decided it was the former.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
we're looking too much into the wrong thing here gentlemen, yes, its a photo rather than a screenshot, but regardless, Rocket has asked for help, and we should help him rather than discuss the integrity of the image.

Rocket, can you post the original image here so we can have a proper look at it?

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Tom Man said:
What's with all the dashed white lines? If they were intended as guide lines or selection lines, were they for your benefit or ours? If it is for us, the way I work, they make it harder, not easier, so do u have a version without them? Also, do u have a higher resolution version?
Zeealex The request has already been made and that's what we're waiting on.