What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error: can't print...ICC profiles no longer installed

robertobasile

When attempting to print from Photoshop Elements 9 I get the error: "Could not print because the ICC profile is no longer installed."
OS is Windows7 Home Premium.

The error message appeared all of a sudden (after a year of work without problems) and with both my two printers permanently connected to the PC: Canon Pro9500 Mark II and HP photosmart D7160.

My printers work well with any other software and they work well when connected to a second computer with photoshop.

I have reinstalled my printer drivers and also photoshop, but with no result.
Canon Customer Service excludes the problem depends on the printer software or hardware.
Thanks for all help!

In PS you have a function for resetting everything back to default. I dunno whether it´ll work in Elements or not but you could at least try.
Close Elements and press: “Shift+Ctrl+Alt” while starting it again.

Thank you Paul and thank you Fenix so much for your precious suggestions. Everything is solved now!
I have followed your indications and I have resetted my PSE9 preferences by using “Shift+Ctrl+Alt” while starting the program. I can now print again with both my printers.
You guys have been more precious than Photoshop official help!....in fact Adobe website mentions explicitly the problem, but as a solution suggests to reinstall printer drivers. Which in my case proved useless. See Adobe document: cpsid_90418
So again many many many thanks and congratulations!

Back