What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eye Fix

right, it is jpeg file. that's why it looks a bit grainy. most importantly is that i make sure eyes are symmetrical.

you could try the twirl tool but if you are struggling with the basic push tool then I would stick to that if it was a higher quality pic I would however go with the puppet warp tool but that is very fiddly but will probably get better results. You may also be able to make it easier on yourself before you edit in liquify to press control + T and rotate the image slightly so you dont have to liquify so much then do a tighter crop at the end.

i see. i don't have puppet warp tool. im using ps c5 under mac version. is there a way without using liquify tool? i'm very frustrated with liquify tool because it is not perfect symmetrical.

i m loving this forum. it is very useful, though.

Puppet warp is under edit > puppet warp the other way is to make a selection around 1 eye copy it paste it to a new layer transform it flip it horizontally and blend it in so you have the same eye twice. But like it has been said it is hard sharing methods without the whole image what may work using 1 tool will not work using other tools if it does not suit the image.
I suggest share the whole image either PM me or Maybe |Carson with it then we could walk you through it if you dont want to publicly share your photo.
But honestly we do so many requests here you dont have to worry about us abusing your image in a way you wouldnt like we are a community and love to help.
However there are limits on how far we can go depending on what your limiting us to see.

oh i got it. well, i prefer to keep it private. maybe you or Carson would show me the step (like a snapshot using the picture i uploaded earlier), so I will see how it leads the way. this is really advanced for me but i enjoy learning how to do it. you guys are very kind gentlemen. :) thank you.

I would normally do a tutorial video for you but at the moment I have very limited use of my arm after surgery so it would not be a good tutorial and very sketchey let alone slow. But it is exactly how i described it earlier.

I used the pen tool made a selection around top of eye and eye lid made a copy with a feathered edge of 2 pixels, then just pulled it down to match other eye.

what a good adjustment, but i notice both eyes are not the same size. the right eye looks slightly bigger than the left. how can i make the left eye looks the same as the right? do you know any other tutorials to do the job? thanks Paul!

what a good adjustment, but i notice both eyes are not the same size. the right eye looks slightly bigger than the left. how can i make the left eye looks the same as the right? do you know any other tutorials to do the job? thanks Paul!

Please, be realistic.
You can't do a decent job on the small image you posted here.

Post the full image, otherwise learn how liquify works.
It will do what you want to do.

It is very common problem.

I don't use Liquify - it often comes out ugly and unnatural.

If I you want to make an eye bigger - make selection(may be feathered) of an eye and simply use Free Transform. Try Warp.
You can always clean up later with History brush, Heal brush or Clone stamp.

You've already been given some good advice, but if you're not having much luck with those techniques...try this.

Example:
eye fix 1.jpg

The example above is far from perfect but hopefully will give you some idea.

1. Open your image and duplicate the background layer.

2. Make a rough selection of the girls right eye (On the left in the pic) and add a feather of 2 or 3 pixels. (Refine edge)

3. Hit Ctrl + T on the keyboard to go into Free Transform.

4. Grab the centre handle on the extreme left and drag to the right to mirror the selection. Move the complete selection over to the girls left eye. Rotate the selection slightly to suit.

5. Add a layer mask to the layer, and with a soft black brush paint out anything you don't like.
Note: If you make a mistake, change to a white brush to paint over/undo the mistake.

6. Using the Clone stamp Tool, sample the eyes catchlight and move it over slightly.
(Softish brush)

Like I said, my example is not perfect, but if you take your time I'm sure you can get the result you want.

Lol good try PSE Frank but I don't quite that that's what he was looking for.

Yes you're probably right...it's just like me to misunderstand what the OP requested..:lol:

Im guessing that your concern is how the eye on the right looks a bit taller?
I would use liquify on this image. Using the warp tool inside liquify, adjust the brush size to be slightly bigger than the area you want to move. Make tiny adjustments untill things are looking more normal. Its an easy operation.

Back