What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filling elipses tool with colour

steves

Hi there,

I'm trying to fill my elipses with a colour - when I right click and choose fill, it doesn't fill it correctly - it merely does as the image below. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks ;)

fillelipses.jpg

SeniorS

Guru
Change Feather=100px to 0px or one you want (in options panel, you can see it under menu panel).

steves

Just tried that and I'm getting the same result - I did think that may have been the issue but when I change the feather it does nothing.

I'm obviously doing something blatantly daft - but can't figure it out. I just keep getting the same result and not filling the circle with the block of colour that I want.

Thanks for coming back to me btw.

steves

Panic over - not sure exactly what I did but I did it somehow using the paintbucket tool.

Great for now but when I have the same problem again I'll be buggered! Thanks! :D

SeniorS

Guru
Once you drawed eclipse or marque with feather settings any change in options will not change anything to allready drawed one. So you need change feather before you make eclipse. Should work.

PseFrank

Glad to hear that your problem is sorted out this time. If it helps at all, a short cut to filling a selection with solid colour is...

Make your selection
Add a feather to the selection using Refine Edge
Choose the colour you want as the fill (Foreground colour)
Hit Alt + Backspace on the keyboard.

Your selection will now be filled with whatever the foreground colour is.