What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

filterfactoygallorys in win 7

Webb

grew up with psp9 but having trouble adding filters in windows 7 i know im doing it right but wont work? filterfactorygallorys all the old ff ones can't even import them in filters unlimited? which works ok in win 7

grew up with psp9 but having trouble adding filters in windows 7 i know im doing it right but wont work? filterfactorygallorys all the old ff ones can't even import them in filters unlimited? which works ok in win 7

tried re-downloading filterfactorygallorys but still wont work? there must be some compatibility issues between the two programs or something im not doing right in win 7 for this particular program .......... need a border fade filter that's better than magic wand select feather delete ect :)

cant you just create a new layer on top fill it with a solid colour that you want your frame to be then using the square marquee tool or whatever shape you need it to be draw out a selection as if it would be the inside edge of a frame with a feather of whatever is appropriate then just click apply layer mask. Resulting in a frame that fades in

Here are a couple of links that may help you out.
From the Adobe forum:
Filter factory works perfectly with CS5, as long as you copy the msvcrt10.dll into your Photoshop directory. Earlier versions of PS had this dll installed by default, but with all the CS versions you have to install it yourself. Just copy it into your Photoshop directory, that's alll that is needed. However it will only work with the 32 bit, not the 64 bit version, but when you install CS5 onto a 64 bit machine it automatically installs both versions. CS5 should also run previously compiled FF filters if you have msvcrt10.dll installed. I have used FF successfully with CS, CS4 and CS5.
Adobe Forums: Need help with a filter to use in Photoshop CS5
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutorials/introduction/introduction.htm
http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freeff.htm

cant you just create a new layer on top fill it with a solid colour that you want your frame to be then using the square marquee tool or whatever shape you need it to be draw out a selection as if it would be the inside edge of a frame with a feather of whatever is appropriate then just click apply layer mask. Resulting in a frame that fades in

yes i know how to do that and could do that but with a fade filter u can just keep hitting randomize and instantly u get results u would never thought would look good ..........

Here are a couple of links that may help you out.
From the Adobe forum:

Filter factory works perfectly with CS5, as long as you copy the msvcrt10.dll into your Photoshop directory. Earlier versions of PS had this dll installed by default, but with all the CS versions you have to install it yourself. Just copy it into your Photoshop directory, that's alll that is needed. However it will only work with the 32 bit, not the 64 bit version, but when you install CS5 onto a 64 bit machine it automatically installs both versions. CS5 should also run previously compiled FF filters if you have msvcrt10.dll installed. I have used FF successfully with CS, CS4 and CS5.

Adobe Forums: Need help with a filter to use in Photoshop CS5
http://thepluginsite.com/knowhow/tutorials/introduction/introduction.htm
http://thepluginsite.com/resources/freeff.htm

hey steve i think i now remember once having to download the msvcrt10.dl file before rings a bell lol

but u will be glad to know all looks well up and running lets hope it sorted some of the others that wouldn't work

just to add u have to add to directory and not the plugin file or wont work

Back