What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fire near me today

Paul

Former Member
Small bushfire, then the Thunderbirds kicked into action

fire 076.JPG would post more but the sites taking forever to load them today?

All good now fires under control one fireman injured smoke inhalation issues.

Tom Mann

Guru
Glad to hear everything is under control and no one was seriously injured, Paul.

Just a day or two ago, we had a "Mayday" incident at the firehouse I work at. A multiple alarm house fire had started in the basement and the 1st floor gave out under one of our guys. Fortunately, he was not injured in the fall, was wearing his SCBA gear, and was pulled out of the hole in minutes.

The cause of the fire was an un-tended wood stove. For those of you currently in the middle of winter, this is a time to be especially careful with stoves, space heaters, candles, dry xmas trees, etc. Stay safe!

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
PS, Paul - Those are some seriously thick rotor blades on that chopper. I presume that's because it designed to lift heavy loads? U know anything about the design, ie, like why not 4 blades?

T

Paul

Former Member
All i know Tom is that they carry lots of water in those white units under the helicopter, and swoop in really low and drop the water across the fires so it might be that.