What's new

First time showing

Spiritchaser

I'm fairly new to Photoshop and wanted to post to get some opinions. This is something I did after completing the Dream Skin tutorial in the Photoshop Top Secret Training Course.FreeGreatPicture.com-16944-development-of-high-definition-close-up-woman.jpgVampireGirl2.png

Hi Spiritchaser

I've also seen that video on the training course and it's very useful. Allow me to add a couple of points that i consider should be fixed.

- The first thing to come to my attention is the hair edges, i'll like to know the technique you used to extract it, 'cause it think if you work a bit more on it, you could achieve a improved selection, as everybody knows, selecting hair is one of the trickiest tasks in PS, but whit practice you could get better results.

- The blue/violet color shades, are too saturated specially on the background and hair, try playing whit a different shade of blue for the background or hair to make one of those stand out from each other.

- The crown on her forehead seems a bit flat, don't really know if it is a crown, shape or tattoo, if i remember correctly the design used in the video has a bit of shadow on the bottom edges, to give the rusted metallic crown fx.

- Her lips looks like painted, don't know if that was the desired fx dough, you could make it a bit realistic by just adding a bit of color and preserving the texture.

Other that that it looks cool, i know sometimes it gets really difficult to get a desired fx on a picture but everything comes down to patience and practice, lots of practice.

Please keep it up.

Spiritchaser

I First selected the white background with the magic wand tool and cut it from the photo, then used the background eraser tool to get the rest. There is a glowing sort of nappy look around the edges of the hair that I have been struggling with. I used a layer mask and painted over it to mask some of that effect but I seem to have hit the limit as far as what can be done with that technique. Perhaps this a result of using the background eraser tool?
I agree with your other observations as well, Thank You for your input.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I First selected the white background with the magic wand tool and cut it from the photo, then used the background eraser tool to get the rest. There is a glowing sort of nappy look around the edges of the hair that I have been struggling with. I used a layer mask and painted over it to mask some of that effect but I seem to have hit the limit as far as what can be done with that technique. Perhaps this a result of using the background eraser tool?
I agree with your other observations as well, Thank You for your input.
You're going about the hair extraction the hard way. You may as well draw it yourself :devilish:

It's called extraction because you use methods that actually isolate the hair. Here are a couple tutorials I like. Others have their favorites. You'll be amazed! :mrgreen:

Photoshop For Beginners: 6 techniques to extract anything from its background

Handy Techniques for Cutting Out Hair in Photoshop