What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Groovy kitty

I just wish that things didn´t turn out so wrong when I post them here, the colors are all off and it´s blurred so you can hardly see the cat, it doesn´t look like that on my computer, I don´t understand why this keeps happening.:)
Try turning off color management for the image in PS when working on something you're going to post on line.

Try turning off color management for the image in PS when working on something you're going to post on line.

OK Steve! Thanks ! I will try that, the thing is that it doesn´t seem to happen every time I post something, just most of the time, and I haven´t changed any color management in between them.

It´s like certain effects like layer styles and adjustment layer effects, disappear and the colors get weaker, and the overall image gets fuzzy and soft, and kind of pixelated.

I keep thinking that it has something to do with when I resize them, and then "save for web and devices", but they don´t look messed up on my computer when I have done that, it only happens after I have posted them here, and I see it in the post.

I like it as is.

Very retro look to it all around - font, color, style, blending, images, everything.

People pay $$$$ to have that kind of style re-created.

Agent

My only suggestion is to make sure you are working in 8-bit, RGB mode. Anything else will not show up on the web.

I like it as is.

Very retro look to it all around - font, color, style, blending, images, everything.

People pay $$$$ to have that kind of style re-created.

Agent

Thank you Agent Moeller!:) "people pay $$$$ to have that kind of thing re-created" really? I didn´t know that, do you mean like 60´s posters and things?

Vafann, have you tried just save as jpeg rather than go to web & devices? I don't know whether that would, doesn't seem like it should, make a difference. I'd try Steve's suggestion even if it doesn't occur every time. My 2 cents.

Lovely 70´s feeling over it!

My only suggestion is to make sure you are working in 8-bit, RGB mode. Anything else will not show up on the web.

Thank you Sierraccr! I do have it set to that though, I know once I tried working in 16-bitmode, but it slowed everything down, and I have tried CYMK, but I messed stuff up with it, so I have kept it on 8-bit RGB since then..... I think... now that I think about it, I haven´t really checked in a while, I could very well have messed around there without thinking, I´ll check, Thanks! Sometimes I am complete scatterbrain lol. :)

Vafann, have you tried just save as jpeg rather than go to web & devices? I don't know whether that would, doesn't seem like it should, make a difference. I'd try Steve's suggestion even if it doesn't occur every time. My 2 cents.

I think I tried that once just to see if there was a difference, and I don´t think there was. I have been thinking, can it have something to do with that I flatten a version of the PSD, and then I duplicate the flattened background layer, and then I change the size of the duplicated layer, and save it for the web. Can the problem be that I am messing with and saving a copy?

I just don´t understand why it wouldn´t look messed up when I view it on the regular "windows viewer" on my computer, it looks fine both there and in photoshop, it´s just here that it gets messed up. Maybe I make them too big and they have to be compressed somehow to fit the window here?

Back