What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harmonize Colour Palette

Thank you for your generous reply Tom, Yes I have also been thinking of reading "Now You See It" - but have not time now)
Yes - Bloomberg is suborn with its archaic color palette - but it still looks sleek sometimes and very professional - I mean in terms of not being overly polished...
I am trying to achieve a similar but more consistent not-so-polished look but still remaining overall color scheme vibrant and conducive to transferring the information easily...

Glad you liked the new colors - I am using this tool to generate color palettes and colors which are close to my primary BLUE.

https://coolors.co/0099ff-f42d42-337ca0-3ec300-fffc31

I can lock the first color or two an generate lots of complimentary palettes - cool!

Attachments

• pal2.png
    pal2.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 0
I gave also sent you a snapshot of the single dashboard - please let me know how the colors look on your side...

Hi Dave - Thanks for sending me the single dashboard image as a private message. My first reaction is that I like it, but I think you are giving my opinion too much credit. One can only have credibility for an opinion on a topic if they are intimately familiar with the topic, know the history and competition, know exactly how it is to be used, etc. etc. Unfortunately, I only know a tiny bit about trading ... Certainly, not enough to be an authoritative voice in these matters.

As I mentioned in a very early post in this thread, advertising agencies / design firms will often convene focus groups to give such opinions. These groups will be composed of individuals very familiar with the product or service, and who have some aesthetic / artistic sensibilities. Unfortunately, I just don't have the first qualification.

So, for example, one of my other initial impressions (of your dashboard design) was to wonder why the graphs in left half were so large and prominent compared to those on the right side, and why didn't you also include other possibly useful information such as histograms showing how a particular stock/fund/commodity/whatever sits relative to other comparables with respect to many of the other possible variables. Of course, I'm completely out of my depth on design decisions like this because I am not a trader and don't know what is the most important info to display for a pro in this field.

Anyway, just my $0.02,

Tom M

thank you for your kind reply Tom - actually we are testing this design on a group now to see if the colors fit) The large circles are the main drivers which define the edge of a certain trading instrument - we will surely be providing the charts and the usual analysis (attached example micrograph) - we are trying to go further than that - we wish to offer a higher level analysis platform which will speak not in terms of prices but in terms of actions....preferable actions - the concept is a bit bold in the area and we hope it takes ground...I guess this is the reason for the colors chosen - a bit Bloomberg-like) and glad you liked it as well....in terms of colors - do you think it can sometimes help to digress from the primary color palette and use a similar but different palette for secondary analysis?

Attachments

• info.png
    info.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 7

Back