What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Louisiana

Rick

Hello
I am a mechanical draftsman by trade, but have been using "pixel painters" for a while.

My first painting program was Fauve Software's "Matisse" and I was saddened when I could no longer use it, (though it didn't have layers).

Back in the 90's a company I worked for got CorelDraw! 8, and it came with a copy of PhotoPaint, which I used a while to make technical manuals until I left that company.

I've been a Photoshop user since, doing flyers, photo work, and tattoo work and a smattering of art-sie things.

So anyway, what brings me here is, I used to paint in oils, but I don't have the space for a studio, and want to expand my knowledge and inspiration of digital paintings I am working on, with the intention of plotting on papers or canvas.

Recently I bought a Wacom Art pad, (love it) and it came with Corel Painter.
So I will be exploring it, as it appears similar to Corel's PhotoPaint.

I am not sure of the difference, but Painter has some interesting brushes, so I want to spend some time learning more about it and asking questions about brushes and such.

Thanks & have a great day

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Rick and welcome to PSG.

I used to paint in all mediums (mostly acrylics) and I moonlighted as a commercial illustrator for many years. The industry changed and went digital. So, I also found my way to Photoshop for some of the same reasons you did. Now that I'm using Photoshop, I have no interest in going back to traditional painting.