What's new

HELP ME! Texture

CCLWorks

Hi guys

Please help me out, i'm kinda desperate. i made an illustration a few weeks ago, and now i want to make something similar. i was sure i could do it again, but there's something i can't work out how i did, and i thought that you maybe can. I want to replicate the attached file (triangle)C'est la vie.jpg but i can't get further than the other attached file (circle). I remember that i made the triangle (circle),help.jpg then used threshold on the paper texturehelp2.jpg, and then the blending mode screenhelp 3.jpg then i added the paper background, and used the blending mode Multiply on the triangle (circle) help 4.jpg and this is about as far as i remember. i still need the nuances in the blue color. it needs to be more transparent in some areas. i really hope you guys can help, and please with a quick answer, i'm in a bit of a hurry! :)

inkpad.t

Guru
Use 3 guide lines vertical, one left , one centre, one right , then 2 horizontal. one top one bottom, use the pen tool to mark out the triangle, turn to a selection then either rub out the outside or use a mask ( none destructive ).

Why the circle, you could have just used a triangle shape first then added the affects.

CCLWorks

i tried that and it didn't work out too well :/

I think I did something like duplicating the triangle? or making the paper more saturated, and then cut out the triangle to place it on a more desaturated paper texture? (the paper seen on the inside of the triangle seems more saturated than the paper around it)

Because this time i wanted to do it with a circle ;)