What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP ME! Texture

CCLWorks

Hi guys

Please help me out, i'm kinda desperate. i made an illustration a few weeks ago, and now i want to make something similar. i was sure i could do it again, but there's something i can't work out how i did, and i thought that you maybe can. I want to replicate the attached file (triangle)C'est la vie.jpg but i can't get further than the other attached file (circle). I remember that i made the triangle (circle),help.jpg then used threshold on the paper texturehelp2.jpg, and then the blending mode screenhelp 3.jpg then i added the paper background, and used the blending mode Multiply on the triangle (circle) help 4.jpg and this is about as far as i remember. i still need the nuances in the blue color. it needs to be more transparent in some areas. i really hope you guys can help, and please with a quick answer, i'm in a bit of a hurry! :)

Use 3 guide lines vertical, one left , one centre, one right , then 2 horizontal. one top one bottom, use the pen tool to mark out the triangle, turn to a selection then either rub out the outside or use a mask ( none destructive ).

Why the circle, you could have just used a triangle shape first then added the affects.

i tried that and it didn't work out too well :/

I think I did something like duplicating the triangle? or making the paper more saturated, and then cut out the triangle to place it on a more desaturated paper texture? (the paper seen on the inside of the triangle seems more saturated than the paper around it)

Because this time i wanted to do it with a circle ;)

Back