What's new

Help needed, how to make pasted picture fit background?

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on my Tau project (WH40K stuff) and I would like to put together some figures that people painted onto one background. However most of them are plastic so they will probably look a bit fakey on it. Here is a sample I have made so far. View attachment Tau Project.psd

As you can see on the battlesuit (figure) in the lower-right corner, I played with the lightning, nevertheless the fake look is still there. Any help would be appreciated.

Ps. If I brake any forum rules, let me know. ;)

Cheers W.ut!

Thanks for reply, but you can still see the plastic shine on the barrels of the burst canons (arm extenders). :/ I have already went through tons of forums searching how to make plastic look like metal without success If it could help, here is a photo of deserved material effect:
m1a1-tankinmo.jpg
Cheers W.ut!

Inkz

Guru
I used the psd and tried to blend the robot in more by lowering the saturation a bit and creating shadows and also a few adjustment layers.

If you want the psd with the changes, I will link you.

TauProjectv2.png

Yes please, have you done any changes I wouldn't recognize? Because I am probably gonna use the same setup for every other object (tanks, dropships and other units) in the picture.

Cheers W.ut!