What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help needed in texture!!!

ngabriel

hi guy/gals...i am new to forum..
i want to apply texture to my image only and not to background..plzz tell me how to do it..??
'im working on photoshop cs6

put texture layer over the image and play wit blending modes.
then, eraser brush of the texture layer where you not want it.
sa simple as that.

Put your texture on a new layer above the background layer. Add a layer mask and paint. (black to conceal, white to reveal)

I would add, it also depends on the image you are wanting to single out. You may want to duplicate the layer, select either the background or the image, mask it, then clip a texture layer to it.

If you'd like more precise advice, post your image. You can post an image anytime. Just go to the reply window and click on the square icon with the tree img. and choose the "from computer" tab.

Untitled-2.jpg

u c there is my bat image and over it i have applied metal texture...but i don't want metal texture to get applied in my background as well...i just need it on bat logo...

i am pretty novice on photoshop so can u tel me step by step how to do it?

u c there is my bat image and over it i have applied metal texture...but i don't want metal texture to get applied in my background as well...i just need it on bat logo...

i am pretty novice on photoshop so can u tel me step by step how to do it?
hey,

just easy, you should use mask.
1/ choose layer logo, ctrl + click on this layer to make logo selection.
2/ press D (on keyboard) to convert forground color to black and background color to white
3/ choose layer pattern (still keep selection area of logo)
4/ click on mask icon (Add layer mask) at bottom.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
If your bat image is on its own layer, all you need to do is hold down the alt/opt key and click between the bat layer and the texture layer (which needs to be above the bat layer) and this will clip the texture to the image. Basically this "clips" the pixels from the area around the image.

If the bat and the background are on one layer together, then you need to select the bat and copy it to another layer, then clip the texture to your new bat layer.

hey,

2/ press D (on keyboard) to convert forground color to black and background color to white

Hope it helps.

thanks a lotta...i was sitting from yesterday about how to do it..thanks a lot..:)

hey,

Hope it helps.

Of course this method works, but so does one click. Put texture layer above bat image layer, hold down the alt/opt key and click between the layers. Done.

Back