What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed please - compositing.


Hi All,

I hope someone out there can help as I am pulling my hair out at the moment! I need to overlay/composite some graffiti onto a image of a sheet being sucked into a vacuum cleaner. This will be part of an overall composite (sheet image and composite attached).

I have tried displacement maps and different overlaying methods and nothing comes close. This needs to look as photorealistic as possible as it is part of a my final project for my photography degree. Therefore the graffiti layer in the composite needs to be mapped/overlaid onto the sheet and then that added to the composite.

I am an experienced Photoshop user, just not tried this before.

Any questions or recommendations are most welcome and thanks in advance.

Graham :)

nop, it's posible it's not called that way in english version :biglaff: one sec i make a screenshot XD
I'm sure you're used it a million times

the bar with "normal" in it


Please let me know how it's called in english version


Sorry maybe the first image was to small and didnt't uploaded.
Last edited:
Thanks Argos,

The displacement map example is great but a little flat for what I am looking at for the project so I guess the way for me to go is the Fusion route. I am not familiar with that (as Colleague is). The screenshot that you posted won't open, I get an invalid attachment type?
"Fusion" it's like it's called here the group of effects in that bar thats what i wanna know how it's called in english or adobe called XD.