What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with color change

raulbogdan

Hey,
I'm new to photoshop and i need some help with a project.
I have to change the colour of the liquid from the glasses.from blue to yellow.
Any suggestions on how to do that?
Thank you!

Attachments

• 11297809_1113972028629470_875731563_n.jpg
    11297809_1113972028629470_875731563_n.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 19

gedstar

Guru
I got this result using the Color Range, Go to Select, Color Range and then adding a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and setting to colorize, it's not perfect and you would need to play around with it to get the perfect result, but it's a starting point

View attachment 56414

Selection made with Color Range
View attachment 56416
Hue/Saturation adjustment added
View attachment 56417

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Here's another version. I first brought the image into PS using ACR and adjusted the white balance, contrast and other parameters to improve the starting image, particularly, remove the color casts from the white plastic edges of the multi-well plate. I then used the quick-select tool to select the yellow wells, then used that to mask a yellow solid color adjustment layer set to "color" layer blend mode. A final tweak with levels finished it off.

11297809_1113972028629470_875731563_n-tjm01-acr-ps02a_watermarked-01.jpg

That being said, it's unusual to need to artificially manipulate the results of a lab experiment. May I ask why you are doing this?

Tom M

rambomhtri

Here's another version. I first brought the image into PS using ACR and adjusted the white balance, contrast and other parameters to improve the starting image, particularly, remove the color casts from the white plastic edges of the multi-well plate. I then used the quick-select tool to select the yellow wells, then used that to mask a yellow solid color adjustment layer set to "color" layer blend mode. A final tweak with levels finished it off.

View attachment 56418

That being said, it's unusual to need to artificially manipulate the results of a lab experiment. May I ask why you are doing this?

Tom M

Wow, you're a really PRO user, you didn't just change the color, you re-invented the whole picture, nice job. About your last question, I can think about many examples. May be he is doing an essay about medicine or something like that and he is talking about a yellow color liquid that helps human in some way. And he wants to add a picture of the lab. I don't know, lol.

I'm creating a similar post, hope you help me. :thumbsup:

A

Aram182

You can use masks to target specific area where you want to color take effect. I hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator: