What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with removing something, please!

Tori

Hello.

I've tried to do this myself, but I just can't get it right. Could someone please remove the hair from my cheek in this photo?

rrrrr.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

gedstar

Guru
Hi Tori and welcome to PSG

I'm just curious as to why you feel the need to remove the hair, to me it looks more natural the way it is.
That been said exactly how much of the hair are you looking to remove?

Ged

Tori

I feel like the chin looks too short, so perhaps removing the hair would make it look better. I think this much would be enough:
rrrrrll.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
EDIT: I have removed this image. It was a rough used to demo. It was posted before I saw the OP's example of what should be removed.

Last edited:

peta62

Guru
I agree with gedstar, the picture with removed hair ( although IamSam made great work ) looks worse.

Argos

Guru
I think the problem with the IamSam made i need shadows or the face seems a little inflated.

i can't see your second picture Iamsam.

peta62

Guru
I think the problem with the IamSam made i need shadows or the face seems a little inflated.

You are right but :
A this is where painting starts, that is no more just correction but serious artistic work.
B I am convinced even a perfect picture without hair would be worse than the one with hair.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Remember, this was a rough.

Since there is not an answer. Here's what I have.
ToriRetouch_02.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 2.45.46 PM.png

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
Is it just me that notices things like what appear to be paw prints on the wall, what looks like a bruise on her shoulder, and the deep shadow of her arm on the wall? I think all these anomalies, plus all the grain /noise detract from what could be a great picture. I think the basic concept, framing, sepia color, low key treatment are all wonderful, but because of the problems, personally, I would regard this is as just a good first draft, and that if at all possible, the OP should get someone to re-shoot it who could implement the concept better and come up with a real winner.

Just my $0.02 (or less - LOL),

Tom M

PS - And, yes, Chris, I also think that some of the naturalness has been lost.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Everyone is talking about naturalness being lost...........please explain yourselves!

I prefer the original myself, bit if the OP wants this changed, then why don't we try and help.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I see what you mean. It doesn't look natural. The hair coming back to a point doesn't look right. It might if it were underneath the other hair, as if it were tucked over her ear.