What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with tint! i need to make this background.

LaToya47

Hello everyone :) this is my first post in here, hope that you guys can help me, this is a very basic thing i'm sure, but i have no idea how to pull this one out.

I need to recreate that background:

capturadepantalla2015dcr8v.png

I have all the original pictures in full color, but i want to make them in *that* style, but all my attempts at doing it suck and they don't look the way that they should, anyone knows what can i do?

piranhaw5qwg.jpg

capturadepantalla2015hks2x.png

I have tried, but they don't look they way that they should, they always look too black and white or the colors are not right, and i'm sure that it's a very simple trick to tint them and make them all look perfect with that effect.

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

LaToya47

Nope, here's the background on a bigger size so that you can see in more detail:

Mod edit: No need for large image, it can be seen in your first post.

If anyone facies giving the other images a try to match them with the background above here's the full set of images:

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Mario_Maker/gallery

Last edited by a moderator:
LaToya,

Try adding a gradient map adjustment layer to each of your images. You can mess with the gradient until you like the results.

This took me about 1 minute.

Attachments

• capturadepantalla2015hks2x.jpg
    capturadepantalla2015hks2x.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 20

Rich54

Guru
Here's another approach, also pretty easy:
1. Create a new file and fill the background layer with your desired base shade of yellow.
2. Copy each Mario figure onto its own layer, above the yellow layer.
3. Convert each Mario figure to black & white (Image>Adjustment>B&W).
4. Change the layer blend mode to Screen. Adjust layer opacity to around 60% - 70%.

Super_Mario.jpg

LaToya47

OMG! thank you so muchagentmoeller and Rich :D i'll give this a try tomorrow, i have to make this happen :D

Thanks!