What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rdsm85

Good night friends, how are you?

I'm new here, so if I'm doing something wrong, I'd like to advance my apology for my mistake.

Guys, I'm trying to do a tutorial and I locked it up part, and I need your help.
I do not know if it is my English that is bad, or if I did not understand the tutorial myself.

The tutorial is this one: https://blog.designcrowd.com/article/971/how-to-turn-tom-cruise-into-an-alien-photoshop-tutorial

I stuck in that part that says:
"Coloring the lines. I want to give the lines some reddish modeling to indicate that there are blood vessels at the edges of the lines. So I'm going to add another adjustment layer with levels just like before. not to destroy the light values of the pixels in the image but rather change their color to my desired shade The way to do this is to take away the opposite of the color I am trying to add In this case I want a reddish color only I will take away green and blue. "

adjustment_layer.jpg

In that part of adding a layer of adjustment layer and removing the opposite color (which in the case are green and blue), to let the red color I want, I block and can not follow on the the tutorial.

Could someone explain me differently how to do this?
Or else
Can someone help me and explain to me how to do this part?

Thank you all!

Hugs!

Reactions: RvM
Hello and welcome to PSG.

This is an industrious tutorial!

Let me explain that there is an adjustment and then there's an adjustment layer...........they are the same thing only one is "one time" adjustment and the other is editable. You want the adjustment layer.

Go to LAYER > NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER > LEVELS

Once you have the levels adjustment layer in place, the rest is following the instructions.

Note that the channels used in the tutorial are RGB, GREEN, and BLUE. They are all on the same LEVELS adjustment layer and not different ones. The slider he's adjusting is the INPUT LEVELS slider and not the OUTPUT LEVELS.

Back