What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Hampshire and/or Calgary

LilaD

Hi,
I travel frequently between Hampshire UK and Calgary Alberta.
While traveling I like to spend my time improving my skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Currently I'm trying to use Adobe CC apps to produce images for transfer to canvas as oil and acrylic paintings.

My main task at the moment is trying to work out how to pan large sky-scape and sea-scape images behind a smaller rectangular canvas, divided horizontally.
Then to show only that part of the background images which appear inside the 2 smaller rectangles of the canvas.
The object is to choose the best combination of sky and sea without the distraction of the larger areas of the 2 background images being visible.

I hope I managed to explain this well enough to get some help with the technique.

TIA
--
Lila Duncan

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Hi Lila and welcome.

To be on the safe side you could start a thread in the Photoshop Newbies section and add a picture to illustrate your problem.

A picture says more then a thousand words, sometime...:cheesygrin:

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Lila and welcome to PSG.

It's great to have you with us and I hope we can help you out. Are you talking about Giclee printing on canvas?

I agree with Eggy here in that this is an introduction forum and you will need to start a thread with photo examples in one of the other help forums.

LilaD

Thank you both for the advice.
I'll post on again in the right area, with images.
My intention is to project the image onto a canvas, draw the outline, then paint with oils or acrylics.

--
Lila Duncan