What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi guys, new guy with enthuasim, but talent?

JamesG

Hey guys.

First off, I've been searching on google for the past half hour for a decent forum and I think i've foud on here ;)

Thing is, all the other forums I looked at which were based on graphic design seem to show peoples work but they have amazing drawings on paper, where they started.

I am 20 now and when i was around 16 I used to use photoshop a lot and do websites for people etc. but I seriously cannot draw. I'd love to be a graphic designer, but do you need talent off the screen besides on to make it?

Look forward to being a member here!

James G

Artistic talents help but willingness to learn helps a lot as well, you'll develop your own style, given time Welcome. to the forums!

Thanks for the reply iDad.

Loving the forum so far, some very talented people, incl. you.
Feels like I'll never manage to be as good as that but it's like everything else I am good at. I couldn't do it before I learned....

everyone in the same boat lol you'll fit right in............

Welcome to the forum, JamesG.

I think my dog draws better than me.... lol....

Of course you need talent. Creative talent, that obviously, you already have. If not, you would have not been able to create those websites in PS. So what if your can't draw? Didn't stop me or anyone here who can't draw. But that doesn't mean you won't try.

What you need is guidance. And a willingness on your part to STUDY, RESEARCH and WORK ON WHAT YOU LEARN.

To me, those 3 things are the "TALENT" you need off-screen.

Like iDad said.... your style will develop ..... style that will emerge through your works.....

Hi there, you sound like i did 5 years ago, but believe me when you start to explore different techniques in photoshop there will be something that suddenly jumps out and opens a big door for you. Your talent is there already, finding it is the fun part, if us olduns can find it ,then you certainly will at your age. best of luck son.

Hey guys thanks for the welcomes!

I'm sure I'll like it here. I really enjoy photoshop, recently got CS5 so just doing tutorials at the moment and re-learning how to use it lol!
I will post some work for oppinions after i get up to scratch again.

Thanks again guys.

Back